Every summer the North State heats up and the a/c's kick on raising consumers tons of money in gas and electric bills. Helping local home owners is our job, so we have put together a list of ways to save on energy during the hottest time of the year!
1. Change your bulbs to LED lights. They cost less and put off less heat than regular bulbs.
2. Upgrade your insulation. Lost of people only think of insulation as helping to keep heat in. But it helps to keep cool air in as well.
3. Use your microwave, bbq, and stovetop instead of the oven. The oven heats up the house unnecessarily.
4. Close your blinds during the day. During the hottest time of day, close your blinds blocking out much of the heat.
5. Set your thermostat to run all day. Believe it or not, keeping the house one temperature all day saves money, instead of turning it on at only one part of the day.
6. Use your ceiling fan. Ceiling fans have been known to cut down on 4% of the homes temparature.
7. Turn off lights. When you're done in a room, turning off lights has been found to reduce the typical electric bill by 12%!
8. Air dry your dishes. Most dish washers come with the ability to turn off the heating element, this can help reduce your electric bill.
9. Consider your windows. Changing out single pane windows for double pane makes a real difference as we all know, but this can be expensive. To save money- consider solar shades, tinting or awnings.
10. Clean out your freezer. I know it sounds crazy, but an over crowded or iced up freezer doesn't work at optimal efficiency, so deicing and reducing frozen items can reduce your energy costs.
If you need a list of vendors to help you get some of these items donein the Butte and Plumas Counties, contact us at 530-809-3782.
"We listed our home in Mineral, California with Joe in May of this year. He was very honest in telling us that homes in Mineral do not sell quickly or often. He said it was a bit out of the Lake Almanor/Chester area that is his expertise, but he would work as had as possible to get our property sold before winter began. Good to his word, our property was sold and the new owners had the keys in hand in early September. That is amazingly quick for the Mineral area. We are thrilled."