Double-Crust Strawberry Pie
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups fresh strawberries (about 1-1/4 pounds), sliced
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar, flour and cinnamon; add strawberries and toss to coat.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of pastry dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry even with rim. Add filling.
- Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edge. Cut slits in top. Brush with milk; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover edge loosely with foil during the last 20 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning.
- Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour before serving.
Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches): Combine 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour and 1/2 tsp. salt; cut in 1 cup cold butter until crumbly.
Gradually add 1/3 to 2/3 cup ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.